In Others' WordsIn Others' Words

Friday, May 08, 2009

In Honor of Mother's Day: A Dose of Erma Bombeck





Nobody understood motherhood like writer Erma Bombeck. She authored books with such notable titles as Family-The Tie that Binds-and Gags! and Just Wait Until You Have Children of Your Own.

With Mother's Day coming up, I decided to share some of my favorite Erma Bombeck quotes:

All of us have moments in out lives that test our courage. Taking children into a house with a white carpet is one of them.

In general my children refuse to eat anything that hasn't danced in television.

One thing they never tell you about child raising is that for the rest of your life, at the drop of a hat, you are expected to know your child's name and how old he or she is.

I'm going to stop punishing my children by saying, "Never mind! I'll do it myself."

Have you any idea how many kids it takes to turn off one light in the kitchen? Three. It takes one to say, "What light?" and two more to say, "I didn't turn it on."

A child develops individuality long before he discovers taste.

It is not until you become a mother that your judgment slowly turns to compassion and understanding.

Children make your life important.

To read Erma's poem, "If I Had My Life to Live Over", go here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

e-newsletter signup
Home
About
Speaking
Calendar
Free Resources
Media
Books and CDs
Blog
For Writers
For Moms Over 35
Contact