In Others' WordsIn Others' Words

Monday, November 28, 2005

Dreams

Life is richer when I indulge in dreams. Some of my dreams have come true, some haven't. My dreams of becoming a dancer are long-gone, but my dreams of being a writer are still coming true.
My children have dreams, too. As their mom, I cheer them on as they pursue their dreams--and I console them when a dream shatters.
At four, Christa doesn't understand that not all dreams come true. She lives in the realm of Anything is Possible. (Never destroy the innocence of childhood.)
I'm not going to tell Christa that unicorns are not real. I'm not going to tell her that wishing upon a star is a waste of her time. And, if she wants to believe in Happily Ever After, there's plenty of time to tell her what a real marriage looks like--when she needs to know. (25 years of marriage taught me that Happily Ever After is a highly edited take on marriage. But a four-year-old doesn't need to know that!)
My older kids have dreams, too. I think they all believe in true love, even as they've watched their parents experience real-life love. At one time, Josh dreamed he had Vulcan blood flowing through his veins. (Thank you, Mr. Spock.) Okay, that dream is over. But, his dream of writing a bestselling novel is being pursued with even more passion than compiling all the original Star Trek episodes. (Thank you, Grandad.)
Katie Beth dreams of being a nurse and Amy dreams of travelling overseas or being a professional chef.
As their mom, I am privileged to hear my children's dreams--whether it is discovering the land of rainbow, sparkling unicorns or browsing through travel books with my seventeen-year-old. I want my children to dream--and reach for the stars.

7 Comments:

At 11:09 AM, Blogger Tiffany said...

Thank you for the reminder that I need to support and encourage my children's dreams, and remember my own. My daughter Hannah had to recite a "Dreams" poem by Langston Hughes this week for school. It goes like this:

Hold fast to dreams
for if dreams die
life is like a broken wing bird that cannot fly.

Hold fast to dreams
for when dreams go
Life is like a barren field
frozen with snow.

Thanks for sharing your life journey as a mom. It spurs me on.

 
At 9:48 PM, Anonymous dream said...

Hi There Beth K. Vogt how you going? I was sufing blogs for information on dreams and I came across yours. while Dreams wasn't exactly what I was looking for, It was most interesting. I can see why I found your page when I was looking for dreams stuff. Thanks for the read!

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger darrelalexander06791585 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. My blog is just about my day to day life, as a park ranger. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

 
At 12:17 AM, Anonymous dreams said...

I was out searching for dreams related information, when I landed on your page. Beth K. Vogt you have some good stuff there. While Dreams wasn't exactly what I was looking for I enjoyed the read Thanks. So I'll continue on looking for dreams, see you again some time.

 
At 1:20 AM, Blogger mandyharolds5384 said...

I read over your blog, and i found it inquisitive, you may find My Blog interesting. So please Click Here To Read My Blog

http://pennystockinvestment.blogspot.com

 
At 6:21 AM, Anonymous hypnosis courses said...

How to Make Your Dreams Come True

Of course not all dreams are pleasant and making them come true can be worse than being trapped inside a cosole horror game.

But some dreams are produced by our deeper minds and are our inner-most desires, often disguised in some strange way.

However, there is another kind of dream and that is the kind we are consciously aware of and we have them during the daylight hourse and are often just fleeting thoughts.

You know the kind. "I wish I was on a world cruise enjoying myself rather than being stuck here in the factory or behind a desk." Yes, that's also a dream because it has it is a desire that has sirfaced into our conscious minds and is something we wish for at an unconscious level.

Of course, making those kind of dreams come true is more than not virtually impossible. For example, to wish to win the lottery may never become reality in this lifetime.

However, some dreams can become reality as so many graduates of my Hypnotherapy Course have discovered.

I decided three years ago to give thousands of 'dreamers' the opportunity to fullfill their dreams and ebcome a therapist. So many people want to help other people overcome their illnesses and mental blockages to life that their only stumbling block was the cost of training. I know of hypnotherapy courses costing as much as £7,000 (more than $11,000) and training in other forms of Alternative Medicine costing as much. To become a Doctor (M.D.) can cost as much as the purchase of a house.

So, with my teeth firmly gritted together, and a determination I have no known for years, I set the goal to help at least a thousand people make their dreams come true by reducing the cost of Hypnotherapy Training so it was within the reach of almost anyone in the World.

I passed that goal having had more than 1,400 students enrol and over 800 graduate.

So in helping others make their dreams come true, I made my own dream come true and at the age of sixty-nine years of age, I am proud of that.

Why don't you take a look at what I mean at: htttp:/www.dreams2reality.co.uk

Thank you for reading this,

Robert Shields

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger markhunor2463847884 said...

Get any Desired College Degree, In less then 2 weeks.

Call this number now 24 hours a day 7 days a week (413) 208-3069

Get these Degrees NOW!!!

"BA", "BSc", "MA", "MSc", "MBA", "PHD",

Get everything within 2 weeks.
100% verifiable, this is a real deal

Act now you owe it to your future.

(413) 208-3069 call now 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

e-newsletter signup
Home
About
Speaking
Calendar
Free Resources
Media
Books and CDs
Blog
For Writers
For Moms Over 35
Contact