In Others' WordsIn Others' Words

Friday, July 06, 2007

The Grateful Day

All that stuff--it's not yours. And you know something else about all that stuff? It's not you.
"Life is not defined by what you have, even when you have a lot." Luke 12:15 The Message

It's Friday. Time to pause, take a deep breath, and be thankful for things big and small. Today I am grateful for:

  • Breakfast with my six-year-old. We enjoyed pancakes (her's) and biscuits (mine) at Cracker Barrel, as well as figuring out the riddles and mazes on the kid's menu and chatting about our day. Cracker Barrel is a Vogt Family tradition. We always stop there whenever we take a vacation trip.

  • A mostly-put-back-together office. Yep, I managed to get all the stuff back into the closet-nice, neat, and organized. My favorite pictures are up on my freshly painted walls. Favorite quotes are taped on the closet doors and Christa's coloring pages are taped to the back of my office doors. I still have some filing to do--don't I always?

  • Getting a virtual sneek peak of my book on Amazon.com and having the chance to read through a few pages of the first chapter. I confess I stopped reading because I was afraid I'd find a typo!

  • The chance to tell my daughter Amy that I admire her. It's one thing to love your child. It's something else altogether to realize you admire her.

May your day be anchored in gratefulness.

2 Comments:

At 12:26 AM, Blogger Tea with Tiffany said...

Great Scripture!

And as always, love knowing what you are thankful for.

I'm thankful for nine days in Oregon. The amazing joy I see when I watch my kids play in the cold ocean waters. The size of the redwoods; I felt like an ant. The beauty of lighthouses. The rocky cliffs.

And I will be thankful for my own bed again tomorrow night.

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger Beth K. Vogt said...

Vacations are great--but coming home and sleeping in your own bed again--that's the best! I've missed you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

e-newsletter signup
Home
About
Speaking
Calendar
Free Resources
Media
Books and CDs
Blog
For Writers
For Moms Over 35
Contact