In Others' WordsIn Others' Words

Friday, June 22, 2007

It's Friday--Time to be Grateful

I'm grateful for the oddest thing today: a messy office.
It's a mess for a reason--I'm reorganizing. And this time, I hope it stays organized. Right now it looks worse than it did four days ago, but I'm not done yet.

I'm also grateful for my husband. Whenever I say, "I want to paint the (name a room in the house)," he smiles and says, "Okay, honey." We have a great system worked out. I do most of the prep work and he does the painting. Sometimes our teenage daughters help. Even Christa gets in on the act now. And, yes, we are repainting my office tonight.

I'm grateful for Christa's week at soccer camp. It's providing me the time to file all the piles of paper that were sitting in baskets or on top of my desk--or on top of my poor husband's desk. (He never complained.) Next week Christa goes to Vacation Bible School (VBS), so I'll finish up then.

Now if someone can only tell me one thing: Why does all the stuff in the closet fit when it's a jumbled mess but not when it's nice and neat in plastic storage boxes?!?!

May your day be anchored in gratefulness.

2 Comments:

At 4:06 PM, Blogger Tea with Tiffany said...

Your gratefulness inspires me!

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger Beth K. Vogt said...

Thanks for the encouraging words. Focusing on gratefulness keeps this "glass-half-empty" gal grounded.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

e-newsletter signup
Home
About
Speaking
Calendar
Free Resources
Media
Books and CDs
Blog
For Writers
For Moms Over 35
Contact