In Others' WordsIn Others' Words

Friday, October 05, 2007

The Grateful Day October 5, 2007

"The people who make a difference are not the ones with the credentials, but the ones with the concern." Max Lucado

I love author Max Lucado. I've never met him--but I love the way the man writes. And I enjoy getting UpWords, his weekly devotional published on Crosswalk.com.

Here's a link to this week's devotional. It's worth reading. It will give you lots of reasons to be grateful.

TAKE THIS QUIZ

I really do want you to take the quiz, but here's a sneak peek at the second part. My answers became my reasons to be grateful this week:


Think of three people you enjoy spending time with:

In no particular order: Tiffany, Scoti, Linda, Gaylyn, Gloria, Tami, Beth J., Beth L., Fran, Pamela, Faith, Cheryl, Terry, Wendy, my mom, my sisters, Chris, Susie . . . I'm way past three and I'm just on my girlfriends--and I'm no where near finished!


Name ten people who have taught you something worthwhile:

I could just duplicate that list. Let's see: my parents (that's 2), Doug, Ron and Marty (early writing mentors), Kathy T. (another writing mentor), Fran, my children--and I'm over 10 already!


Name five friends who have helped you in a difficult time:

I will insist that I not go over 5--but I could! Fran, Pamela, Faith, Sara, Barbara--sorry, got to add my husband, Rob!


List a few teachers who have aided your journey through school:

My fifth grade teacher, whose motto was, "Tell it to the Marines!"--i.e. Take responsibility for your actions!; Mr. B., my high school journalism teacher; Kathy Tyers, my Christian Writers Guild mentor

Go ahead, take the quiz. Realize all the reasons you have to be grateful.

May your day be anchored in gratefulness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

e-newsletter signup
Home
About
Speaking
Calendar
Free Resources
Media
Books and CDs
Blog
For Writers
For Moms Over 35
Contact