In Others' WordsIn Others' Words

Friday, September 14, 2007

The Grateful Day Sept 14, 2007

Starting my Friday on the run, and I'm thankful for the energy to do so. Life in the "sprint" lane seems to be my normal--and I'm not complaining. At least, I'm not complaining today.


I'm also grateful for:
  • discovering radio interviews--both taped ones and live ones--aren't so bad. I've done five or six so far since my book came out and it's fun. It's a bit odd to sit in my den and talk on my phone to someone sitting in their radio station in Washington or Texas. Callers can ask some unexpected questions. But, so far the interviews are going well.
  • my friends and family who've listened to my radio interviews or even called in--Hi, Roxanne and Shellie and Mom! (That's another story for another blog.) It's always nice to know you've got at least a few friendly listeners.
  • the Air Force Academy beating TCU. And the Broncos beating the Bills. What can I say? I love football. Y'all have an open invitation to come watch football at my house. Just understand that I jump up and down and pace and rant and rave. There is one rule in our house when Mom's watching football: Don't walk in front of the TV.
  • discovering I had a flat tire before it went completely flat--although I discovered it after it had damaged the rim. Rats. At least I wasn't stranded on the highway. My husband came to my rescue and handled it for me. I hate car problems. Hate, hate, hate them.
  • the women who have read Baby Changes Everything and then taken the time to tell me how much it encourages them. I think I am repeating myself here, but it bears repeating. I wrote the book to encourage mommies-come-lately--and it is happening! I'll post some of their much-appreciated words next week.

So, what about you? What are you grateful for today? Post a comment and let me know.

May your day be anchored in gratefulness.

4 Comments:

At 8:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am grateful for you.
Congrats on another successful radio interview!

XO

I will be grateful if my comment actually posts. :)

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger Beth K. Vogt said...

Success on posting!
WooHoo!
I don't know why it doesn't work sometimes.

Thanks for cheering me on in this adventure.

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Tea with Tiffany said...

I am grateful that my son's finger was NOT broken. He sprained it in a football play.

I am grateful to heard and watched your workshop! You were amazing!

I am grateful for family and professional photo session finally scheduled for tomorrow!

I am grateful for time to write my blog and read blogs like yours.

I could keep rambling but you get the idea, I AM GRATEFUL!!

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Tea with Tiffany said...

Okay missed a couple words on my posting. I'm sure you'll catch them. A quarter if you do!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

e-newsletter signup
Home
About
Speaking
Calendar
Free Resources
Media
Books and CDs
Blog
For Writers
For Moms Over 35
Contact