In Others' WordsIn Others' Words

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

This and That

I'm off to the MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers International) Annual Convention. Since it's in sunny Orlando, Florida, Rob and Christa are coming along too. For them it's all about fun, including a day at Sea World. Me? I'll mix some fun in with some work.

The Convention is an amazing event. Thousands of MOPS leaders attend to be encouraged and taught how to better lead their MOPS groups. I went last year and, let me tell you, seeing 5,000 women in one auditorium is amazing--and just a bit noisy!

I'm presenting a workshop called Baby Changes Everything: Now Tell Me Something I Don't Know! I've talked this through so many times, I'm ready to go "live" with an audience.
I'm planning on some fun too--Rob and I are taking Christa on her first visit to Disneyworld.

Christa's sporting a new "do" for our trip. She's been wanting to get her hair cut short for months now. I convinced her to wait until after this past weekend, when she was a flower girl in a friend's wedding. (That's one advantage to being a mommy-come-lately: your caboose kiddo can be loaned out for flower girl duty--or ring bearer duty, if you have a son.)

Just a few hours after the wedding, Christa walked into the hair salon still wearing her fancy white dress. She made quite an entrance! I'm thrilled to say she donated 10 inches of her hair to Locks of Love. Locks of Love is a public non-profit organization that provides hairpieces to financially disadvantaged children under age 18 suffering from long-term medical hair loss from any diagnosis. While I had to close my eyes when Christa's long, long hair was cut off, I was thankful to know it wasn't just being thrown into the trash. She'll be helping some other child--and she's enjoying her new short style.

4 Comments:

At 9:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go Christa! Your cousin Caroline plans to donate her long hair too. You will both be sporting new short-cuts.

Good luck and have fun in Florida!

Theresa

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger Beth K. Vogt said...

Christa says, "Hey, Caroline! Doing Locks of Love is fun! Can't wait to see your haircut!!"

Christa loves her cousin Caroline.

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger JRVogt said...

I hope it's a great time and that you run out of books to sell.

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger Tea with Tiffany said...

Beth, I wish I could go with you to support you and hear your workshop. I know moms would be blessed! You've got a great message with lots of truth.

Christa, we are proud that you are giving your hair to a worthy cause. Some girl will love having your hair.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

e-newsletter signup
Home
About
Speaking
Calendar
Free Resources
Media
Books and CDs
Blog
For Writers
For Moms Over 35
Contact