In Others' WordsIn Others' Words

Friday, December 21, 2007

'Tis the Season

Christa's thoughts on Christmas


I've gathered quite a few Christmas memories through the years ... but having a baby on Christmas Eve 2000 pretty much tops all of them.

Christa, named in honor of her birthday, has brought much joy to our family these past 7 years.

The other day, Christa and I were sitting on the couch and she looked at me and said, "You know, Mom, sometimes I get worried."

"About what, sweetie?"

"That people will get so busy with all this other stuff that they'll forget what Christmas really is about. It's about Jesus' birthday."

Here's wishing that, in the midst of all the busyness of this time of year, you find time to remember God's gift to us: Emmanuel, God with us.


It will be quiet on this blog until the new year. I hope you all have a wonderful time with friends and family--and I look forward to reconnecting in 2008!

4 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Blogger jen said...

Good for you for taking a break! Merry Christmas!

 
At 12:23 AM, Blogger Heather said...

Hi Beth! Merry Christmas. Happy Birthday to Christa too.

Colleen and I talked on the phone tonight and hope to get together over the next few days while we're in the area (me and the little one). We'll do something in your honor and think of you.

Big hugs,
H

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger mommyofmany said...

Hi Beth!

I just finished reading your family Christmas letter. What exciting changes in your life! Maybe by now you've received ours as well and have learned of our newest additions--grandchildren!!! Can you believe it??? Four-year-old Aunt Sarah thoroughly enjoys entertaining her young nephews and neices. God is so good!!!

With our large family it can be challenging trying to keep the focus where it needs to be at Christmas. We try every year, but I think we've finally succeeded this year!!! Between memorizing Luke 2 together, singing carols nearly every day, centering our family devotions around the Christmas story and many other similar activities, I've heard very little "I want..." this year. Instead we've talked a lot about God's perfect plan and His perfect gift and about the gifts we want to GIVE this year. It was so refreshing to see that in my children. What a blessing!

Love to all...

Oh, on a side note--my 16-year-old daughter just looked over my shoulder and asked whose blog I was reading. I asked her if she remembered when she was a little girl in Florida and she prayed for Mrs. Vogt to have another baby. She remembers you!

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger Beth K. Vogt said...

I had forgotten about that prayer ... and now the answer to it is 7 years old!
:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

e-newsletter signup
Home
About
Speaking
Calendar
Free Resources
Media
Books and CDs
Blog
For Writers
For Moms Over 35
Contact