In Others' WordsIn Others' Words

Friday, May 02, 2008

Friday's List for Moms

Last Friday, I gave you numbers 1-5 of A Child's 10 Commandments to Parents. Today I'll give you numbers 6-10.




A Child's 10 Commandments to Parents (Part 2)


6. I need your encouragement to grow. Please go easy on the criticism; remember, you can criticize the things I do without criticizing me.


7. Please give me the freedom to make decisions concerning myself. Permit me to fail, so that I can learn from my mistakes. Then someday I'll be prepared to make the kinds of decisions life requires of me.


8. Please don't do things over for me. Somehow it makes me feel that my efforts didn't quite measure up to your expections. I know it's hard, but please don't try to compare me to my brother or sister.


9. Please don't be afraid to leave for a weekend together. Kids need vacations from parents, just as parents need vacations from kids. Besides, it's great to show us kids that your marriage is very special.


10. Please take me to Sunday school and church regularly, setting a good example for me to follow. I enjoy learning more about God.


~By Dr. Kevin Leman,
Excerpted from Lists to Live By: For Everything That Really Matters by Alice Gray, Steve Stephens, and John Van Diest



Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

e-newsletter signup
Home
About
Speaking
Calendar
Free Resources
Media
Books and CDs
Blog
For Writers
For Moms Over 35
Contact