In Others' WordsIn Others' Words

Friday, April 25, 2008

Friday's List for Late-in-Life Moms

A Child's 10 Commandments to Parents (Part 1)



1. My hands are small; please don't expect perfection when I make a bed, draw a picture, or throw a ball. My legs are short; please slow down so that I can keep up with you.

2. My eyes have not seen the world as yours have; please let me explore safely. Don't restrict me unnecessarily.

3. Housework will always be there. I'm only little for such a short time--please take time to explain things to me about this wonderful world, and do so willingly.

4. My feelings are tender; please be sensitive to my needs. Don't nag me all day long. (You wouldn't want to be nagged for your inquisitiveness.) Treat me as you would like to be treated.

5. I am a special gift from God; please treasure me as God intended you to do, holding me accountable for my actions, giving me guidelines to live by, and disciplining me in a loving manner.




~By Dr. Kevin Leman,

Excerpted from Lists to Live By: For Everything That Really Matters by Alice Gray, Steve Stephens, and John Van Diest






COME BACK NEXT FRIDAY FOR THE REST OF THE LIST!!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

e-newsletter signup
Home
About
Speaking
Calendar
Free Resources
Media
Books and CDs
Blog
For Writers
For Moms Over 35
Contact