In Others' WordsIn Others' Words

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The "Joy" of a Much-Younger Sister




A conversation between my daughter Katie Beth, who is 21, and my caboose kiddo Christa, who is 7:


Christa: Katie Beth, when I grow up, I am going to have a car and a motorcycle!


Katie Beth: Well, I'll borrow your motorcycle all the time.


Christa: No you won't! You'll be too old!


Katie Beth: How old do you think old is, Christa?


Christa: Like 90.


Katie Beth: When you start driving, I'll only be 30.


Christa: Well, yeah--you'll still be old!

Of course, Christa did not share her plans about having a motorcycle with me. And if 30 is old, I don't know what she thinks I am--besides tired.
And Christa doesn't know that Rob and I plan on her brother and sisters teaching her to drive. So she'd better treat them nicely and not razz them about their age.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 11:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

so...not only does Christa not know about us teaching her to drive...but that's news to me too! haha!!

Oh and I want that book!!!! :) love you

KB

 
At 11:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

and where is that picture from?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

e-newsletter signup
Home
About
Speaking
Calendar
Free Resources
Media
Books and CDs
Blog
For Writers
For Moms Over 35
Contact