In Others' WordsIn Others' Words

Friday, May 22, 2009

Countdown: 3, 2, 1 ... It's Summer Vacation!!!



It's here.

My caboose kiddo's summer vacation starts in three hours.

Am I ready?

I don't think so.

I still haven't accomplished everything I planned on accomplishing when school started last fall.

And in 180 minutes, Christa will walk in, dump her back pack on the bench in the front hall, and ask, "What are we are going to do now?"

Summer vacation will officially begin.

Christa will say those eight words over and over and over and over again until she starts third grade in August.

And I know I can't just sit her down in front of the TV for the next 10 weeks.

Thank God for the neighborhood kiddos. There will be hours spent riding bikes and chasing butterflies and slurping popscicles with her buddies. They'll have impromptu picnics and run back and forth to each others' houses and ask me to take them to the park.

Christa's signed up for an art camp and a week of Vacation Bible School and swim lessons and the library's summer reading program.

All good fun.

But keeping her happy and busy while getting my goals accomplished--ah, there's the challenge.

I'm open to suggestions ... and play dates.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

e-newsletter signup
Home
About
Speaking
Calendar
Free Resources
Media
Books and CDs
Blog
For Writers
For Moms Over 35
Contact