In Others' WordsIn Others' Words

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

It's a Book

I held a copy of my book BABY CHANGES EVERYTHING: Embracing and Preparing for Motherhood after 35 in my hands yesterday.

So, what did that feel like?

It surpassed feeling actually.

Overwhelmed me so that I didn't feel anything--and then I realized I was crying--those wondeful happy tears that you cry sometimes.
Then Rob and I sat down on the couch and we read the dedication page together. It reads:



To my husband Rob,
the words "I couldn't have done this without you"
have never been truer

To Josh, Katie Beth, and Amy,
who wholeheartedly love their youngest sister

And to Christa,
the reason I embraced late-in-life motherhood


That was the first time Rob read the dedication.
I had the most fun writing the dedication--and keeping it a secret from my family.

They knew the rest of the story.

Right now I only have one copy of my book. I'll get more copies, of course, but the editor at Baker Publishing Group was nice to overnight me one copy. The people at Baker have been more than wonderful through this entire process.

So, there you have it.

Now if I can just get the nerve to read the book. I'm scared I'm going find a typo, which will make me crazy after all the proofreaders ran their editorial fingers through this book. When I told my husband I couldn't read my book he just looked at me. Then he said, "You wrote a book and now you can't read it?"

Probably only another writer can understand.

3 Comments:

At 9:38 AM, Blogger Tea with Tiffany said...

Happy dancing for you! Can't wait to see the book today when we meet. You inspire me to live my dreams

And yes, I understand the whole not wanting to read your book thing. I've found typos in my articles before and it does drive me crazy! Hopefully it's without error.

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Congratulations Beth!

What wonderful news! :)

I'll look for YOUR book in all the bookstores here and be sure to place it in the front so that it will jump out at people and shout, "Buy me!"

 
At 10:19 PM, Blogger Beth K. Vogt said...

Here's a marketing tip: If you don't see it in your local bookstore, you can ask them to order it for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

e-newsletter signup
Home
About
Speaking
Calendar
Free Resources
Media
Books and CDs
Blog
For Writers
For Moms Over 35
Contact