In Others' WordsIn Others' Words

Friday, August 24, 2007

The Grateful Day

It's been a frustrating week, what with my computer doing a slow-death spiral. Despite a tech-guy-in-the-know working on it for more than two hours yesterday, it continues to taunt me with error messages. I took it to the computer wizard's office for intensive care today. I'll let you know the prognosis later.

Despite my continuing computer crisis--please notice the alliteration--I have much to be thankful for.

I am grateful for:

  • a wonderful three days with my son Josh and daughter-in-love Jenelle. The newlyweds flew in from NYC last weekend to surprise my husband and to belatedly celebrate his birthday. We hid them in one of his exam rooms and his medical assistant told him he had a walk-in patient he needed to see. Surprise! There were Josh and Jen! We celebrated all weekend long!

  • a long walk with just me, myself and I this morning. Lately, walks have involved trying to keep up with Christa as she bikes around the neighborhood while also walking our two dogs, a.k.a. Laurel and Hardy, and trying to have a conversation with my husband.

  • Christa rating the first day of school an "Awesome times 9!" Doesn't get much better than that. She loves having her own desk with a lid that raises up.

  • my slow crawl up the learning curve for my new job. I'm now the editor of Connections, a quarterly magazine for leaders of MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers International.) I love MOPS and what it stands for--meeting the needs of every mother of preschoolers. And I love how this new challenge is stretching me and challenging me and bringing me into contact with women I respect.

May your day be anchored in gratefulness.

3 Comments:

At 2:45 PM, Blogger DellTech said...

Beth:

I’m at Dell Headquarters in Austin, Texas and I just read about your technical difficulties. I'm sorry to hear that you're having all of this trouble. If you still haven't gotten this resolved I'd be glad to see what I can do to help. Feel free to contact me with more information about the problem and the system itself and I’d be happy to look into it.


Neil
Dell, Inc.

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger Beth K. Vogt said...

Thank you, Neil, for contacting me. We got it all straightened out. Wow. I am impressed that you took the time to contact me via my blog. Thank you. Thank you.

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger DellTech said...

Beth:

No problem. I'm glad to hear that's all straightened out.


Neil
Dell, Inc.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

e-newsletter signup
Home
About
Speaking
Calendar
Free Resources
Media
Books and CDs
Blog
For Writers
For Moms Over 35
Contact