In Others' WordsIn Others' Words

Friday, August 31, 2007

The Grateful Day

It's Friday and I'm glad.
Even better, it's a long weekend! No big plans, which makes me even gladder.
I looked at all the Labor Day Weekend traffic heading out of town and rejoiced that I wasn't sitting in the bumper-to-bumper traffic jam.

Lots to be thankful for.

I'm thankful I got through this week. I started the week feeling loaded down with things to do and finished the week feeling the same way. Lots to do. Still lots to do. I guess it's better than being bored, right?

I'm thankful for a new computer hard drive. No more error messages on top of error messages. I didn't look at the bill yet. Don't want to know. And, as Rob said, it was worth the cost. I'm no longer banging my head on my keyboard.

I'm thankful that I liked how my first radio interview went. Of course, when I heard it on the air I thought, "Is that my voice?" But my family and friends assured me that yes, that's what I sound like. And, I sounded fairly intelligent and encouraging, so I'm satisfied.

Lots to be thankful for: sunny days and cool nights and walks with my caboose kiddo and my husband and hugs and the chance to Instant Message (IM) with my son who lives in NYC and the chance to kiss my kiddos goodnight ...

May your day be anchored in gratefulness.

4 Comments:

At 11:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Beth ~

Feeling joyful with you knowing you will have a nice quiet weekend to catch up or relax ... one of the two! Congrats on your radio interview and new hard drive! :-)

Blessings dear friend!

Michele S.

 
At 3:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth,
Your post caught my eye on the Writer Mamma blog. You and I have a lot in common. I didn't have kids late in life, but I work at the LA Times and have a daughter who lives in Manhattan. Did your son just recently move there? So...how's it adjusting to the baby? I had a dream last night that we had a "caboose" kid as you call it....do you feel infinitely smarter than you did on the first go around? Anyway, I like your blog and glad I got a change to "meet" you at Writer Mamma.

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger Beth K. Vogt said...

Infinitely smarter?
I wish!
In some ways, the "older and wiser" adage works because I've been around the mommy-block a few times, so I know what's important enough to stress (and get stressed about) and what to let go.
And some days, I seem to make as many mistakes as my former twenty-something self.
But I find my caboose-kiddo is just as forgiving as her older siblings were--and that is one of the wonderful things about children!

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger Tea with Tiffany said...

Thankful I was able to tune in to your radio interview. You are my smart friend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

e-newsletter signup
Home
About
Speaking
Calendar
Free Resources
Media
Books and CDs
Blog
For Writers
For Moms Over 35
Contact