In Others' WordsIn Others' Words

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Face-to-Face

So, I'm sitting on the couch with my caboose kiddo, Christa.

We're watching TV together. Actually, she's watching TV and I'm reading a book. But we're together and that's what counts, right? Sometimes she'll put her feet in my lap and ask me to rub them. She likes me to rub them "real soft so it tickles." And if I don't it properly, she lets me know.

I'm enjoying the down time, ignoring the fact that I need to get dinner on and clear off the kitchen counter again when I hear Christa say, "Mom, you look just like me when I was a baby."

What did she just say to me?

I look up at her and she is smiling at me.

"Really, Mom. You look like me."

She smiles at me again, obviously enjoying the fact that we look alike. And then she goes back to watching TV.

Even now, I'm not sure what happened. Somehow my daughter caught a glimpse of herself--as a baby--when she looked at me. And she liked that. She liked that mom-daughter connection.

You know what? Me too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

e-newsletter signup
Home
About
Speaking
Calendar
Free Resources
Media
Books and CDs
Blog
For Writers
For Moms Over 35
Contact