In Others' WordsIn Others' Words

Thursday, October 18, 2007

So, How's the Book on Late-in-Life Motherhood Doing?


Thanks for asking.

Baby Changes Everything launched 2 1/2 months ago. I've found out that people like to ask, "So, how are sales doing?"

My answer: I don't know.

It's not that I don't check my Amazon stats every now and then. And I've got a writing comrade who keeps up on sales stats and lets me know how my book is doing too. (Thanks, Shellie!)

But I've decided to not focus on sales--at least not this early in the game.

Instead, I'm focusing on the feedback I'm getting from people who've read my book--other than my family who have to tell me they like my book. (Thanks, family.)

Here's what Jane, a repeater mommy-come-lately, said:

Three days ago Luke started up the stairs, for the first time, laughing, drooling and loving his new found independence. It looked just like your book cover. Today, I read the first chapter of your book, I cried. Luke 15 months, me 46. A miracle meets menopause. Your book meets a real need; I pray it gets into the right hands.


Lee Ann wrote:
" . . . there really is something about you and your "real"ness and
genuineness that touches people on their level. In fact your book
ministered to me "just because"--I'm not really a late in life mom or a young
mom who had babies young then a caboose on e--and it still blessed
me!"


From what my readers are telling me, Baby Changes Everything is meeting a need and encouraging late-in-life moms--and dads too!--to embrace their lives as late-in-life parents.

And that's why I wrote the book!



2 Comments:

At 9:08 AM, Blogger JRVogt said...

I'm glad to hear you're getting such wonderful feedback from other moms on all ends of the spectrum. It'll be great to see how the book continues to affect people's lives in such a strong way.

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Tea with Tiffany said...

So thankful others are giving you what you so freely give--encouragement!!!

Thank you, God!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

e-newsletter signup
Home
About
Speaking
Calendar
Free Resources
Media
Books and CDs
Blog
For Writers
For Moms Over 35
Contact