In Others' WordsIn Others' Words

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

So Much for Simplifying

I gave up on New Year's Resolutions years ago. I just don't do them because well . . . I just don't do them, if you know what I mean. I'd make my list. Then I'd lose my list and forget what all my good intentions were for the year.


So a few years ago I abandoned the whole resolution thing and focused on a word for the year.


For those of you who are wondering, I do know that it is not January 2008. I also know most people aren't even thinking about resolutions on October 30th. Just go with me on this, okay?


My word for 2007 was Simplify. See the beauty of the word system? Almost 11 months into the year and I still remember my word!


As some of you know, I had a fairly normal January, followed by an extremely not normal February through May. I spent those four months sick. Really sick. In some ways, life was pretty simple for me. It was all about getting well.


But here I am looking at the last 2 months of 2007 and feeling like I didn't quite accomplish the Simplify concept. These days I'm living under the "Better Late Than Never" mantra, playing catch up because of those 4 months I lost back at the beginning of the year. I plan on pushing the re-set button on January 1, 2008. Maybe I'll give Simplify another try. Or maybe not. I'll see if another word shows up as I ponder and pray about it for the next few weeks.

4 Comments:

At 12:37 AM, Blogger Tea with Tiffany said...

I've tagged you for Picture Me!

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger Beth K. Vogt said...

Oo-kay. What does this tech-challenged person (me) do now?

 
At 11:40 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Hi Beth,
As long as your new word isn't something like "complexify" or "multiply" or "compoudify" I think you're good to go. ;)
Great picture of you and Rob. I miss you girlfriend.

:)
H

 
At 1:06 AM, Blogger Beth K. Vogt said...

Good advice, that. Words to avoid, most definitely. Although they seemed to be hanging around today!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

e-newsletter signup
Home
About
Speaking
Calendar
Free Resources
Media
Books and CDs
Blog
For Writers
For Moms Over 35
Contact