In Others' WordsIn Others' Words

Friday, October 19, 2007

The Grateful day October 19, 2007

It seems I'm out of sink with the rest of the blogging world. Fridays are my Grateful Days, while other bloggers do Thankful Thursdays. HHHHMMMM. I'll mull over changing versus maintaining my end of the week tradition.

That said, I am grateful for:

  • a stunning Indian summer day, with 71 degree weather, warm sunshine and a slight breeze
  • the chance to read In an Instant, Lee and Bob Woodruff's account of how their life was forever changed when Bob, an ABC News Anchor, was injured by an IED explosion in Iraq. Yes, Woodruff's recovery is miraculous. But, the story of this family's love and faith through an unimaginable "for better or worse" experience is emotionally riveting.
  • my writers group, Inkspired. Linda, Tiffany, Colleen, Gaylyn, Scoti: you are some of the bravest women I know, daring to write honestly about real life!
  • a bubble bath at the end of a busy day. Need I say more?
  • finally getting to chat with my twin sister after we played phone tag for several weeks. I puttered in my kitched, she walked along the sidelines of the football field--her husband is a high school football coach--and we caught up with each other's lives.
  • precut veggies and Sonic cherry cokes. I love the easy snacking of the first and the oh-no-I-shouldn't indulgence of the second.
  • a surprise phone call with my friend Pamela, who is back in the States for a month. Pamela and her family moved to Uganda over a year ago. When I saw her name show up on my cell phone, I told myself it couldn't be my friend Pamela. But it was--and our conversation made me feel like Christmas came early this year!
May your day be anchored in gratefulness.

2 Comments:

At 11:27 AM, Blogger Tea with Tiffany said...

I'd love to have you join the Thankful Thursday bloggers. I plan to commit to writing on Thursdays.

Understand your end of the week tradition though.

Thanks for thinking of Inkspired.

 
At 3:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth,

I hadn't been to your blog in a long time. But I happened upon it today. I was feeling a bit down (you know!) and then I found your Grateful Day comment about Inkspired. It lifted my spirits. Thank you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

e-newsletter signup
Home
About
Speaking
Calendar
Free Resources
Media
Books and CDs
Blog
For Writers
For Moms Over 35
Contact