In Others' WordsIn Others' Words

Friday, October 26, 2007

The Grateful Day October 26, 2007

Still going against the flow, I know. I found myself caught between choosing "Thankful Thursdays" or "Throwback Thursdays"--and I couldn't decide! Next week, when the calendar flips from October to November, I'm jumping into NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) and NaBloPoMo (National Blog Posting Month). Call me an overachiever and crazy--but who knows what new blogging options I'll discover!

Today I am grateful for:
  • a slower day, thanks to Christa being off of school. No need to chant, "Eat your breakfast. Brush your teeth. Make your bed. Grab your bookbag!" Taking it slow and easy today.
  • a great babysitter!!! Yep, I'm back to needing a babysitter now that Christa's sisters are way-too busy with their grown-up lives. Talk about desperate. But I've got a wonderful babysitter now--and I am not giving out her number!
  • the Rockies playing in the World Series--but I sure would like to see them win it!
  • my kiddos being healthy and happy. Mostly I am grateful they are pursuing their dreams. Sure, their lives aren't always a dream-come-true experience, but they have the freedom to pursue their wish-upon-a-star goals. For Christa right now life is all about first grade and friends, but that's the life of a 7-year-old!

May your day--every day of the week!--be anchored in gratefulness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

e-newsletter signup
Home
About
Speaking
Calendar
Free Resources
Media
Books and CDs
Blog
For Writers
For Moms Over 35
Contact