In Others' WordsIn Others' Words

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A Sign of Spring--and Love


My husband Rob and my caboose kiddo plant daffodils for me. Daffodils and tulips.
Yesterday, the first daffodil appeared in our front lawn.
This morning, two morning greeted me when I walked Christa to the front door as she left for school.
"Look! Two more!"
"I know! I know!"
"You and your dad bring spring to me," I told her as she walked to the car with Rob.
I heard her giggle--I think she liked that idea.
Daffodils are my favorite flower. They are so bright, so cheerful. And they are strong, hardy flowers. In Colorado, it often snows after daffodils make their appearance in the landscape. The wet "springtime in the Rockies" snow weighs down the yellow buds--and I think,"So much for my daffodils."
But I'm wrong.
Once the snow melts, the daffodils bounce back up and keep right on blooming. A little snow isn't going to stop them from doing what they were made to do.
I think there's a lesson in there somewhere.
That's another reason why I like daffodils.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

e-newsletter signup
Home
About
Speaking
Calendar
Free Resources
Media
Books and CDs
Blog
For Writers
For Moms Over 35
Contact