In Others' WordsIn Others' Words

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

In Others' Words: Joy






"There is joy in all."~ Anne Sexton, American poet



I found myself embracing and pushing away from this quote. Believing and disbelieving it. 

Joy in all.

Really?

Yes, I think so.

I've had my disappointments. The joy in that? The comfort of friends.

I've been discouraged. The joy in that? Discouragement doesn't last. There's always a moment when the gray cloud lifts and--there it is again--hope.

I've been told no. The joy in that? Sometimes "no" turns out to be the absolute best answer. And when it wasn't, I learned to live with "no."

Joy in all?

Yes.

If you look for it.

What about you? Where have you found unexpected joy in all of life?


photo by iancuthber/stockxchng.com

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 11:18 AM, Blogger Evangeline Denmark said...

I have to admit, I'm no good a joy. I am good at laughter. Not the same thing, of course, but maybe it'll get me by.

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Beth K. Vogt said...

Laughter is good, E. And your writing, which often produces laughter, brings me joy.

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Lisa Jordan said...

I have much joy in parts of my life. In other parts, not so much. And it's those parts that try to steal it from the joyful parts. Clear as mud?

I'm taking a break in June to find my Joy. Resting in Him as a wise Soul told me recently.

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Unexpected joy...the first Storycrafters Retreat! I knew it would be a good experience...I didn't know it would introduce me to some of the sweetest women ever!

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Beth K. Vogt said...

Lisa, I like your idea. Maybe I'll do that in July--the wedding month.
And M-Tagg, I agree about the first Storycrafters Retreat. Only God knew what was planned.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

e-newsletter signup
Home
About
Speaking
Calendar
Free Resources
Media
Books and CDs
Blog
For Writers
For Moms Over 35
Contact