In Others' WordsIn Others' Words

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Signing Off Until the New Year

I sometimes think we expect too much of Christmas Day. We try to crowd into it the long arrears of kindliness and humanity of the whole year. ~David Grayson
I imagine y'all are as busy as I am.
My dining room is a colorful disarray of wrapping paper and the ingredients for my homemade hot chocolate mix. Christa's handmade ornaments sit on my kitchen counter. Most of my Christmas cards are addressed and stamped, ready to go to the post office.
'Tis the season--and I love every minute of it.
It looks like I may have that white Christmas Bing Crosby sings about too.
And my son his coming home and will be here for Christa's sixth birthday on Christmas Eve.
It's all good.
2007 awaits with 365 unused days. I hope that I fill each one with a healthy dose of gratitude for the many blessings in my life--my husband and my children and my family and friends, those near and far.
May the rest of your days in 2006 be anchored in gratefulness.
I'll be blogging again the first week of January 2007.

e-newsletter signup
Home
About
Speaking
Calendar
Free Resources
Media
Books and CDs
Blog
For Writers
For Moms Over 35
Contact