In Others' WordsIn Others' Words

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Snow Day!

I like snow days. I liked them when my first three were younger--and I am enjoying them all over again with Christa.
Sure, my foyer is littered with wet gloves and hats and boots. My To Do list--laundry, vacuuming, cleaning the bathrooms--has been ignored. And, yes, I shoveled off the driveway earlier and it is covered with snow again.
But, Christa and I had fun today. We made peanut butter cookies--yum! We watched A Charlie Brown Christmas and White Christmas. The scenery outside rivaled the scenes on the television.
Christa and I visited with neighborhood friends and the kids took turns making snow angels and throwing snowballs at each other.
And--thanks to Christa's big sister, Amy, and her "adopted" sister, Rachel--Christa went sledding. This Mommy-come-lately was more than happy to let the teenagers tackle that bit of fun!
Hooray for snow days! I say, "Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!"

1 Comments:

At 10:18 AM, Blogger Tea with Tiffany said...

Love that you focused on what really matters--Christa. Not the laundry, it'll be there when the snow is gone.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

e-newsletter signup
Home
About
Speaking
Calendar
Free Resources
Media
Books and CDs
Blog
For Writers
For Moms Over 35
Contact