In Others' WordsIn Others' Words

Friday, December 08, 2006

"There must be more to life than having everything." ~ Maurice Sendak (children's book author)

The morning isn't going the way I planned. That's my life more often than not. Your life too, I'm sure.
But I'm going to step out of the unexpected shifts in my Got-To-Do list and be intentional about being grateful.
I have a lot of people in my life that I am so, so thankful for. Family. Friends. Mentors. Writing Comrades.
A lot of the things I've earned/bought/been given during my life--all 47 years of it--have worn out, faded, broken, or been thrown away.
But the people I've known and loved and learned from--each one is still precious to me. I know how friendships--even family relationships--go through seasons of closeness and distance. But the instrinsic value of a friend isn't measured by whether I feel close to them this very moment.
It's the sum of all our conversations, our times together, our loving one another.
Today I am most grateful for the many wonderful, one-of-a-kind people in my life.

May your day be anchored in gratefulness.

I found the quote at the top of this blog at Heartquotes.net.
Other favorite quote sites:
Allaboutquotes.com
QuoteGarden.com
WisdomQuotes.com

e-newsletter signup
Home
About
Speaking
Calendar
Free Resources
Media
Books and CDs
Blog
For Writers
For Moms Over 35
Contact