In Others' WordsIn Others' Words

Friday, December 01, 2006

Continuing to be Grateful

All the Thankgiving hustle and bustle and feasting and time with friends and family went by to quickly! It seemed like there were only a few short minutes between sticking the turkey in the oven and tucking the leftovers away in my fridge. (The truth is , my turkey once again took too long to cook!)
In some ways, this Thanksgiving was just another day among all the days of 2007 where I chose to be thankful. Last January, I ditched the traditional long list of New Year's resolutions. Instead, I chose to focus on the word gratitude.
For that choice, I am grateful.
It's changed me. I am now so much more intentional about being thankful. When I glance back at the last 12 months, I don't see a pile of abandoned resolutions. Instead, I see all the reasons I am thankful. I can open the small box that has sat beside my rocking chair for those past 12 months and read through my notes--dated pieces of paper that I jotted down why I was thankful--and who I was thankful for.
So, today I am thankful that I made that one small decision last year.
I am thankful for my husband and for all four of my children. They are truly my most treasured blessings.
I am thankful for all my family--parents, siblings, nieces and nephews--who will always mean "home" to me.
I am thankful for my precious friends who encourage me to pursue my dreams--and allow me to cheer them on as they pursue their dreams.

May your day--may your year--be anchored in gratefulness.

Labels:

e-newsletter signup
Home
About
Speaking
Calendar
Free Resources
Media
Books and CDs
Blog
For Writers
For Moms Over 35
Contact