In Others' WordsIn Others' Words

Friday, January 12, 2007

So Just Where Have I Been?

Not on vacation, that's for sure!
Down and out and on heavy doses of round-the-clock medication for a very, very, very bad tooth.
On Fridays, I focus this blog on what I am grateful for. Here goes!
I am grateful for:
  1. My husband who stepped up to the plate when I collapsed in the bed for five long days and nights and stopped being wife and mom--and all of the other roles and responsibilities that fall under those two titles.
  2. My two older daughters who took over driving their little sister to school and made sure she was adequately dressed and that her hair looked decent. (It's a girl thing.)
  3. A great dentist. If I didn't have a great dentist, I would have crawled out of the procedure chair sometime during the root-canal-gone-wrong and left the building
  4. Nitrous oxide and a perverse sense of humor. About halfway through the root canal, my dentist recommended a little bit of gas to help me relax. Once it started to take effect, I heard him say, "Now, Beth, when you're ready for me to begin again, just give me the thumbs up sign." I thought, "Okay. I know I have a thumb somewhere on my body. Can you just tell me where it is so I'm waving the right body part?"
  5. Mostly, I am thankful that life is slowly getting back to normal.

May your day be anchored in gratefulness.

2 Comments:

At 8:52 PM, Blogger Tea with Tiffany said...

Glad you are able to sift through the pain and find something to be thankful for. That's putting life in its proper perspective.

Thanks for the added humor too.

 
At 12:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Isn't it amazing how one little part can mess up the whole body? I'm so glad you survived!

-Stacey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

e-newsletter signup
Home
About
Speaking
Calendar
Free Resources
Media
Books and CDs
Blog
For Writers
For Moms Over 35
Contact