In Others' WordsIn Others' Words

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Bada-Baby Bling

I remember the day I walked into a Babies-R-Us store. The shock of my late-in-life pregnancy had worn off. Reality was setting in. I had nothing for a baby. Nothing.
Time to go shopping.
Babies-R-Us overwhelmed me with its aisles and aisles of strollers and cribs and swings and bottles and cups and oh-so-adorable baby clothes.
Babies had become big business since my first three were born.
Now, thanks to celebrity moms ( and a lot of them are mommies-come-lately) shopping for babies is all about the bling!
I definitely believe "You get what you pay for"--but does a baby need a stroller that costs $1,000? How about $2,000? Or a $3,000 diaper bag? Seems a bit over the top to me.
And I think a $17,000 diamond encrusted pacifier that a baby is going to suck on and drool all over is beyond absurd. But that's just what the founder of www.itsmybinky.com sent Angelina Jolie when her daughter Shiloh was born.
Call me a party pooper, but it's a lot of bada-blah if you ask me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

e-newsletter signup
Home
About
Speaking
Calendar
Free Resources
Media
Books and CDs
Blog
For Writers
For Moms Over 35
Contact