In Others' WordsIn Others' Words

Friday, August 03, 2007

The Grateful Day

It's Friday.

Time to ignore all the things I could have/should have written about. Time to stop and think about all the reasons I have to be thankful. A lot of the things I am thankful for are wrapped around people in my life who have made such a difference in my life. Okay. Enough commentary. Here goes.

I am grateful for:
  • my writing comrade, Tiffany, who drove out to a bookstore to buy a copy of my book even though I told her I was going to give her a copy of the book. She helped critique numerous rough drafts, after all! But she wants to support me--so she talked about me to the sales associate, letting her know I was a local author. What a friend!
  • my son Josh, who "happy danced" all over his blog about my book--and who was okay about me being published first. "Happy Dancing" is a little writing tradition I started with my writing friends. We happy dance whenever anyone is published. No music required.
  • my daughter Katie Beth who went out and bought a copy of my book and stayed up reading it until 1:30 AM. Silly girl. She lived most of the story!
  • all the wonderful people at Revell, my publisher, who have helped this first-time book author with her endless questions. I have been so impressed with their professionalism and their servant hearts.
  • my husband Rob who is turning out to be my best marketing tool ever! Sometimes I think he talks to more people about my book than I do.
  • all my family and friends being so excited about my book. Their excitement makes me excited. It makes it all the more fun.

Yes, I realized this post has focused on being thankful about things related to my book BABY CHANGES EVERYTHING. But that's the big news this week.

May your day be anchored in gratefulness.

1 Comments:

At 12:42 PM, Blogger Tea with Tiffany said...

Thanks for the sweet thanks about me. I want to support you in even way I can. That's what friends are for. And buying your book is the least I can do to show the bookstore they need to order more than one copy...

Hey I still need your autograph. Please!

I am grateful for you. My friend who loves me no matter what.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

e-newsletter signup
Home
About
Speaking
Calendar
Free Resources
Media
Books and CDs
Blog
For Writers
For Moms Over 35
Contact