In Others' WordsIn Others' Words

Thursday, August 16, 2007

The Grateful Day

But first, news of interest to mommies-come-lately:


Woman has Rare Identical Quadruplets

On August 12th, a 35 year-old Canadian woman gave birth to identical quadruplets--daughters named Autumn, Brooke, Calissa, and Dahlia. The babies were delivered by Caesarian section about two months early and weighed between 2.6 and 2.15 pounds.


It's been a busy week, which means it's been a normal week. And for that alone I am immensely grateful--finding normal again. Christa starts first grade next week. I keep trying to get her to try on clothes to see what she's outgrown over the summer. However, she's too busy riding bikes with the other kids in our cul-de-sac. That's as it should be.


I'm also thankful for:

  • the encouraging things people are telling me about Baby Changes Everything. I know not everyone will love my book. But so far, people have given me some encouraging feedback--that they laughed, they cried, they could hear me talking to them while they read the book.
  • Christa's older sister Katie Beth spending time with her. The past couple of weeks, Katie Beth has taken Christa out for for several play days--maybe to swim at the pool at her apartment complex or to paint pottery at the local shop. I know she's helping me get some time to accomplish things without a six-year-old interrupting me. But she's also loving on her sister!
  • my writers group, Inkspired. We've come up with a motto: Inkspired: Where Grace Abounds and Dreams Come True. We meet on Wednesday mornings to pray for one another and critique each others work. Sometimes we crack ourselves up--and the laughter is so refreshing.
May your day be anchored in gratefulness.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

e-newsletter signup
Home
About
Speaking
Calendar
Free Resources
Media
Books and CDs
Blog
For Writers
For Moms Over 35
Contact