In Others' WordsIn Others' Words

Saturday, November 03, 2007

What Does Your Child Need Most?

I love books. I also like to make lists. Imagine my delight when I discovered the book series Lists to Live By compiled by Alice Gray, Steve Stephens and John Van Diest. Books+Lists=my kind of fun read!

Here's a good list for all moms to keep close at hand:

What Does Your Child Need Most?
  1. Hugs
  2. Patience
  3. Acceptance
  4. To feel important
  5. A sense of belonging
  6. A sense of humor
  7. Home--a safe haven
  8. Common sense
  9. Prayer
  10. Laughter
  11. Routine
  12. Firm boundaries
  13. To know Mom and Dad love each other
  14. Freedom to fail
  15. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE

~Elisa Morgan and Carol Kuykendall, from What Every Child Needs

5 Comments:

At 2:32 PM, Blogger Rachelle said...

I like that "hugs" is first on your list. Years ago, I posted this saying where I could always see it: "Never quit hugging first." It has served me well.

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Beth K. Vogt said...

Well, it's Elisa's and Carol's list, but I hearitly endorse it!! My caboose kiddo lets me know when her "hug tank" is low--and then I have to fill it up!

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Tea with Tiffany said...

Hey you have my favorite--laughter!

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Groove Momma said...

All of these are wonderful! I'll share this with my friends...even the ones who don't have kids yet.

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Elizabeth Coplan said...

Thanks Beth for this important reminder. The list applies to Moms and Dads as well as the children. I remember when my dad was dying of cancer. When I took him to chemotherapy, I noticed a hug sign in the waiting room. GIVE HUGS! I think of that sign every day. It makes my day so much better when I give and I get hugs.

Hugs to you!

Elizabeth
www.awildride.net/blog

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

e-newsletter signup
Home
About
Speaking
Calendar
Free Resources
Media
Books and CDs
Blog
For Writers
For Moms Over 35
Contact