In Others' WordsIn Others' Words

Thursday, November 01, 2007

My First Official Thankful Thursday


So long, Grateful Days (Fridays)! Hello to Thankful Thursdays.
The actual day isn't important. The focus on gratitude is.
I am thankful for:
  • waking up at 4 AM this morning (you read that right!) because I had some quiet moments to myself
  • but I am even more thankful I woke up at 4 AM because that meant when my daughter Amy wandered downstairs about a half hour later to finish working on a college paper, I was up too. So, we had some time together. And I was able to tell my still-sleepy daughter that I love her and that I like her.
  • the same daughter who brought me some candy corn flavored taffy. (She works at The Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. I don't do chocolate. I like my sugar with just a little color added!)

May your day be anchored in gratefulness/thankfulness.

7 Comments:

At 11:59 AM, Blogger Denise said...

Welcome to thankful thursday, so glad you joined us. I enjoyed your thankful list.

 
At 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely. Those early wake-ups can be filled with blessings...

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Mary said...

It's worth getting up at 4 A.M. to be with your daughter! Thanks for sharing. Blessings on your weekend.

 
At 10:43 PM, Blogger Patricia said...

What a perfectly delightful way to begin the day. I don't do chocolate, either. I thought I was the only one!

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger Melissa said...

Ooh yes, I love quiet moments and special times with the kids!

God bless!

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Waking at 4 can sometimes be such a blessing - I agree. And I'm sure your daughter greatly appreciated the reminder that you LIKE her - all (grown) children need to hear that.

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger Crystal said...

Great Thankful list! Thanks for joining in with this week's Thankful Thursday!
Blessings

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

e-newsletter signup
Home
About
Speaking
Calendar
Free Resources
Media
Books and CDs
Blog
For Writers
For Moms Over 35
Contact