In Others' WordsIn Others' Words

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Insomniac-mommy

Here I go again.

I was up way-too early this morning, thanks to a combination of a sinus infection, congestion and a bad dream.

My husband, bless him, administered meds and handed me tissues, encouraging me to go back to sleep. I decided to read for a while--the memories of the bad dream were still a bit too close. I do not like things crawling in my hair, even if they are imaginary.

It would be one thing if I could go back to bed when exhaustion finally wins out over congestion. But that's not possible when my caboose kiddo will be bounding downstairs in less than an hour, ready to start her day.

My only hope is for a 2 hour school delay, thanks to the snow falling outside. Then I could collpase on the couch while Christa watched television. But, so far, that's not happening.

Insomnia and me--we've got a long-standing love-hate relationship. I've endured bouts of sleepless nights for years. I refuse to stay in bed, staring at the ceiling, wishing I was asleep. So, I always get up and get things done. Usually that means I'm at my computer, reading my e-mail or blogging. Like now.

I always know I'll have a clean desk and an empty inbox by the time the sun comes up and everybody else in the family "rises and shines." I manage to do pretty well until about high noon, when my body finally rebels and insists on going back to bed.

Sometimes I can. Sometimes I can't. We'll see what today brings.

I'll be up, but I won't be shining.

And if you want a glimpse of what else I did while I was up-too-early-in-the-morning, visit my "Living Your Life" blog entry over at PreciousMoms.com.

2 Comments:

At 2:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you couldn't sleep! I didn't sleep too well for other reasons. Prayin for you

KB

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger Beth K. Vogt said...

Well, I know you were up and not having fun either. Praying for you too, sweetie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

e-newsletter signup
Home
About
Speaking
Calendar
Free Resources
Media
Books and CDs
Blog
For Writers
For Moms Over 35
Contact