In Others' WordsIn Others' Words

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The View Out My Window


You're seeing what I see when I look out the window in my breakfast nook. That's my son's dog, China, sitting on top of our patio awning/covering. Yesterday was a snowy day, so China sat in the snow, watching the cars go by--and the horses running around in the corral across the street.
Sometimes when I look out my window, I see China staring in at me. I think she likes the eye-to-eye view.
China's been staying with us since Josh and Jenelle moved back to Colorado. Their cat Munchkin resides in our basement, usually on the top stairstep, waiting for someone to come downstairs and visit.
Josh and Jenelle are commuting back and forth from Boulder to Colorado Springs. Jenelle's working, Josh is job hunting--and the animals eagerly await their arrival every Friday night.
Me too.
Of course, my caboose kiddo is over-the-moon happy to have her older brother and her sister-by-love around so much more. Life is good, good, good now that Josh and Jenelle are no longer on the East coast.
I don't mind China's odd habit. She was an apartment puppy before this, so I think she is enjoying the wide open--and up--spaces of Colorado. And so far she hasn't enticed my dogs to join her up there on her unlikely perch.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 9:34 PM, Blogger Patricia said...

That is just too cute! Cats and dogs add so much fun to our lives, don't they? I suspect that your caboose kiddo isn't the only one who is over-the-moon happy that Josh and Jenelle are in Colorado now. =)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

e-newsletter signup
Home
About
Speaking
Calendar
Free Resources
Media
Books and CDs
Blog
For Writers
For Moms Over 35
Contact