In Others' WordsIn Others' Words

Friday, April 30, 2010

American Profile Spotlights MOPS International




The current issue of American Profile has a wonderful article about MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) International titled " Motherhood Matters."


I came to MOPS seven years ago--when I had a two-year-old (and three teenagers!) I loved the women I met there, and was quickly reminded how vital friendships with other moms are during the early-mom years.


Since then, MOPS published my first book, Baby Changes Everything: Embracing and Preparing for Motherhood after 35. As a freelance editor, I edit Connections, the leadership magazine for MOPS. I also speak regularly to MOPS groups.


Why have I continued to be involved with MOPS? Because I believe what MOPS believes: Being a mom matters. Moms matter. And I love how intentional the ministry is to reach out and encourage every mother of preschoolers--and now, through their MOMSnext groups, moms of school-age children too!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

e-newsletter signup
Home
About
Speaking
Calendar
Free Resources
Media
Books and CDs
Blog
For Writers
For Moms Over 35
Contact