In Others' WordsIn Others' Words

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Lesson from the Trashcan

Photo by JoshUlfer/stockxchange.com




"The things people discard tell more about them than the things they keep."

Hilda Lawrence, author

I have a difficult time getting rid of certain things. Magazines. Papers. Birthday cards. Photos? Forget it. Drafts of articles and chapters? Doesn't matter how many times I've rewritten something--or even if said article or book is published--I keep everything from the first lousy draft to the polished finished work.

I have no problem throwing out leftovers--I don't like leftovers. If I see food once, I don't want to see it again. No problem tossing junk mail. Or worn out clothes. Or other people's hand-me-downs, especially when I know they handed it down to me rather than throw it away.

So what does this say about me? Not too attached to food I've eaten once--or other people's stuff.

What does what you toss say about you?


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

e-newsletter signup
Home
About
Speaking
Calendar
Free Resources
Media
Books and CDs
Blog
For Writers
For Moms Over 35
Contact