In Others' WordsIn Others' Words

Friday, May 27, 2011

In Others' Words: Hope




"Hope is putting faith to work when doubting would be easier." ~ Author unknown


It's the end of the week.
I don't know what kind of week you've had. Mine has been crowded with reasons to smile (like my wedding anniversary) . . . and a few reasons for tears.
Vertigo, wretched experience that it is, came back. Knocked me off balance--literally.
I'm beginning to wonder if vertigo is going to play a continual game of hide 'n' seek with my health. Do I have to look over my shoulder and wonder when it's going to reappear? And when it will disappear again?
And then I reminded myself that my word for 2011 is hope.
I can either have hope in this situation.
Or not.
Yes, doubting would be easier.
I'm clinging to hope.

The photo is one I took in Mexico. It's a sunrise--a reminder of one of my favorite Scriptures:

The LORD's lovingkindnesses indeed never cease,
For His compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
Great is your faithfulness. (Lam. 3:22-23 NAS)


Did you have a rough week? Struggling with doubt? May you find reason for hope!

Labels: , , , ,

9 Comments:

At 8:36 AM, Blogger Wendy Paine Miller said...

I love that word. Seriously think it's one of my favorites.

I cling to the HOPE in God, too.

It changes everything.
~ Wendy

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Lisa Jordan said...

Hope is my word too.

This has been a challenging week in certain areas of my life. I wasted too much time listening to the wrong voices until a friend's blog post reminded me why I was listening to the wrong voices. I renewed my time with God and now I hear His voice over those snarls of self-doubt. He is my Hope.

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Keli Gwyn said...

I hope you had a wonderful celebration of your anniversary, Beth. I hope your health issues fade away, leaving you feeling stronger than ever. I hope you have plenty of reasons to smile in the week ahead.

Doubts? Um, yeah. Daily.
Prayers? Yes. Often.
Blessings? You bethcha! Plenty.

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Beth K. Vogt said...

Appreciating all the hope-filled comments today!
I am resting--and resting in Him.

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Laura Frantz said...

Beth, You have a beautiful blog:) I know this is only one of them. Thanks so much for stopping by CQ and connecting that way. Love the focus on HOPE. I've had bouts of vertigo, too, so know how difficult that can be. Resting in Him is truly the best remedy.

 
At 9:49 PM, Blogger Beth K. Vogt said...

Laura, so glad you stopped by.
And thanks for the encouraging words.

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger Cecelia Dowdy said...

My week's been okay since I was off from work for part of it. Prayerfully, your vertigo will not return. Love the photo.
~Cecelia Dowdy~
www.ceceliadowdy.blogspot.com
www.ceceliadowdy.com

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger Beth K. Vogt said...

Glad you enjoyed the photo, Cecelia.
And I hope you had a great week off!

 
At 5:42 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Listen to music or lyrics at the site:
>> https://songlyricsaz.mobi/controlla-lyrics-16853.html
>>> https://songlyricsaz.mobi/take-care-3-lyrics-16852.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

e-newsletter signup
Home
About
Speaking
Calendar
Free Resources
Media
Books and CDs
Blog
For Writers
For Moms Over 35
Contact