In Others' WordsIn Others' Words

Wednesday, June 08, 2011

In Others' Words: Smile






"Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing." ~Mother Teresa


Doesn't that guy in the photo have a great smile? You just can't help smiling back!
Okay, I confess I'm just a bit biased. That guy is my son Josh--and today's his birthday! So, I'm interrupting my regularly scheduled musings to give a "Happy Birthday" shout out to my son!
Photo or no photo, there's a lot of truth in what Mother Teresa says about smiles. Except for when a photographer has a camera pointed right at you and demands that you say, "Cheese!" no one can force you to smile. Your smile is a gift to another person--a truly beautiful, one of a kind gift. 


In Your Words: Have you shared your smile with anyone lately? Or has someone's smile made a difference in your day? 

Labels: , , , ,

7 Comments:

At 5:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Josh!

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger Lisa Jordan said...

Happy birthday, Josh!

In my line of work, smiles are not optional. There's a lot to smile about when working with children. Most of them smile so freely.

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Beth K. Vogt said...

I'll pass the birthday greetings along!
Lisa, you're blessed to be surrounded by smiles!

 
At 10:54 AM, Anonymous tracey Solomon said...

I half smile.. but am in the process of re-gaining my full smile) long story- but it's on my blog;)

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Beth K. Vogt said...

I'll have to check out your blog, Tracey, for the rest of the story!

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Jeanne Takenaka said...

Happy Birthday to Josh!

My kids draw lots of smiles from me,and I love when I can do the same with them.

God gave us a marvelous gift when He added them to our lives!

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Beth K. Vogt said...

I agree, Jeanne. Kiddos provide lots of reasons to smile!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

e-newsletter signup
Home
About
Speaking
Calendar
Free Resources
Media
Books and CDs
Blog
For Writers
For Moms Over 35
Contact