In Others' WordsIn Others' Words

Monday, September 12, 2011

In Others' Words: Discovery



"One of the greatest discoveries a man makes, one of his greatest surprises, is to find he can do what he was afraid he couldn't do."
~Henry Ford, American industrialist

Fear ruled my life for too many years.
Yes, there were reasons for the fear, but still ... I look back and think what I lost.
Freedom.
Emotional and spiritual freedom.
For too long I thought life was going to always be lived that way. Afraid.
And then I discovered I could choose to live differently.
Then there came a time when I found the courage and the help to face the past and walk into healing and freedom.
It wasn't easy.
I needed others' help.
And I needed faith like never before.
And I had to stop being afraid of the truth ... because sometimes the truth is the hardest thing to face.

In Your Words: Have you surprised yourself? Have you discovered you could do something you were afraid to do? I'd love to hear your story.

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

At 7:51 AM, Blogger Wendy Paine Miller said...

I remember my first time attending Young Life camp, being petrified of the ropes course.

Two years later I volunteered on summer staff and my job for the month...to work the ropes course.

~ Wendy

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger dtopliff said...

Oh, Beth, you manage to say and do so much in so few words. Kudos!

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Jeanne Takenaka said...

I think my surprise came when I first had a story pop into my head. Writing has always been a dream, but I never thought it would be fiction I wrote. So, learning the craft, and receiving encouragement and direction, I am slowly moving beyond being afraid to try something new.

 
At 5:14 PM, Blogger Sarah Forgrave said...

Beautiful post, Beth.

My adventurous hubby talked me into doing a zip-line excursion with him, and I almost didn't do it. Then I got hooked (pun intended), and I can't wait to go out again! :)

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Beth K. Vogt said...

Ooh, good, Sarah!
I haven't tried a zip line (yet), but I did go tandem parasailing with my hubby in Mexico. Loved it--and I'm not real found of heights!

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger Julee Baker said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

e-newsletter signup
Home
About
Speaking
Calendar
Free Resources
Media
Books and CDs
Blog
For Writers
For Moms Over 35
Contact