The Mommy-Come-Lately Top Ten
Last weekend I had lunch with two other late-in-life moms. Ever the journalist, I pulled out my yellow legal pad and a pen and got ready to take notes.
"So, what's on your minds?" I asked.
Here's their Top Ten list:
- Balancing life as a late-in-life mom
- Helping husbands adjust to late-in-life fatherhood
- Coping with fatigue and physical complications after pregnancy
- Facing menopause (Need I say more?)
- Breaking through the age barrier--Is it possible to connect with those much younger moms?
- Coping with older parents and young children
- Finding childcare options
- Developing a support system
- Being the oldest parent in your child's class
- Meeting the demands of marriage, friends, and kids
Their observations were right on target. In upcoming blogs, I'll tackle each topic on the Top Ten.
I invite everyone else to weigh in!