In Others' WordsIn Others' Words

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

The Mommy-Come-Lately Top Ten

Last weekend I had lunch with two other late-in-life moms. Ever the journalist, I pulled out my yellow legal pad and a pen and got ready to take notes.

"So, what's on your minds?" I asked.

Here's their Top Ten list:
  • Balancing life as a late-in-life mom
  • Helping husbands adjust to late-in-life fatherhood
  • Coping with fatigue and physical complications after pregnancy
  • Facing menopause (Need I say more?)
  • Breaking through the age barrier--Is it possible to connect with those much younger moms?
  • Coping with older parents and young children
  • Finding childcare options
  • Developing a support system
  • Being the oldest parent in your child's class
  • Meeting the demands of marriage, friends, and kids

Their observations were right on target. In upcoming blogs, I'll tackle each topic on the Top Ten.

I invite everyone else to weigh in!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

e-newsletter signup
Home
About
Speaking
Calendar
Free Resources
Media
Books and CDs
Blog
For Writers
For Moms Over 35
Contact