In Others' WordsIn Others' Words

Monday, September 11, 2006

Tomorrow is Another Day

Today Christa wanted to throw a Frisbee. To be more specific, she wanted to throw a Frisbee to me and have me throw it back to her. You know how it goes.

We didn't play Frisbee today. So now it's the end of the day and I'm asking myself why. Why didn't I take time/make time to throw that Frisbee with my kindergartner?

We ran errands together. We read library books together. We did some homework together. (Yep, there's homework in kindergarten!) I taught her how to make pizza rollups, which used to be a favorite with her siblings.

But I think--I know--#1 on Christa's To Do list was throwing her new Disney Princess Frisbee.

But it wasn't #1 on my To Do list.

So, is it time to succumb to an overwhelming case of Mommy guilt? Is it time to look at myself in the mirror and say, "You are a bad Mommy because you didn't play Frisbee?"

I've decided not to let guilt win out today. I choose to look at all we did do--and be thankful for it. I am thankful for holding her hand while we walked through Target. I am thankful that we took a birthday cake and flowers to my husband's office manager. I am thankful we listened to Adventures in Oddysey on the radio and that we rolled out pizza dough.

We did a lot today. Not everything--but a lot of good things.

And tomorrow, Christa and I'll play Frisbee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

e-newsletter signup
Home
About
Speaking
Calendar
Free Resources
Media
Books and CDs
Blog
For Writers
For Moms Over 35
Contact