In Others' WordsIn Others' Words

Monday, October 02, 2006

The Balancing Act of Late-in-Life Motherhood

"Balance, balance, keep your balance . . ."
So goes a little ditty from one of Christa's favorite television shows.

So what does it take to maintain your balance as a Mommy-come-lately? If you're looking for a quick and easy answer to that question, you've come to the wrong blog! I don't pretend to walk the motherhood tightrope with ease, despite having lots of years of practice.

One thing I've learned: It's almost impossible to keep my balance if I spend all my time watching how another mom is managing her life. Yes, I like to learn from other moms, but I can't spend all my time admiring and wishing I lived life as well as someone else. That's not practicing--that's coveting.

So there's my Rule #1 for finding balance: Stay focused on your own tightrope!

Any other ideas out there?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

e-newsletter signup
Home
About
Speaking
Calendar
Free Resources
Media
Books and CDs
Blog
For Writers
For Moms Over 35
Contact