In Others' WordsIn Others' Words

Monday, October 16, 2006

Monday Morning Musings

Being a mom takes a lot of time and even more effort. It's not something to be done haphazardly, although I admit somedays that's the way it goes.

Life as a mom reveals my rough edges. Mothering demands I think of others (my children) more than myself. I confess there is a lot of me, myself, and I that wants to be front and center in my life--not pushed off to the side because my caboose kid needs me more than I need some downtime.

So, motherhood revealed my self-centeredness.

When I became a mom, I wanted to be a good mom. I wanted to be patient. Loving. Wise.

Thanks to my children, I learned I wasn't patient. I wasn't always loving. I definitely made some stupid mistakes. Now it wasn't just me being affected by my choices--my kids were too.

Things had to change. I had to change.

Thank God I had children or I might never have faced some of my weaknesses.



***I found a new online community for parents: www.minti.com. Take some time to visit it! I've already made some new mom-friends!***

1 Comments:

At 6:36 PM, Blogger Tea with Tiffany said...

I so relate to this post.

Thanks for the honesty once again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

e-newsletter signup
Home
About
Speaking
Calendar
Free Resources
Media
Books and CDs
Blog
For Writers
For Moms Over 35
Contact