In Others' WordsIn Others' Words

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

More Lessons from Kindergarten

I was back in kindergarten again today. Once again, those little kiddos taught me a valuable lesson about life.

Don't grumble.

Believe it or not, I was with a bunch of five-going-on-six-year-olds and I didn't hear a bit of grumbling.

They had lots to do--reading and coloring and printing the letter "c" and making rice cake clowns. Those "incredible edibles" involved cream cheese and shredded carrots (hair) and raisins (eyes) and maraschino cherries (nose) and a Cheez Whiz smile--you know, that cheese-in-a-can stuff no one every admits to eating.

They just dived right into it all, chatting with each other and enjoying "rainbow writing" and glueing Cookie Crisp cereal to their "C" pages.

Me? When I have lots to do, I grumble. I whine.
Not all the time.
Just usually.

But, I'm gonna' try and be more like a kindergartner and look for ways to enjoy it. I'll do what I can without grumbling. And if I don't get it all done, I'll tell myself what Mrs. Jarboe tells her kindergartners: "You'll have a chance to finish it later."

Kindergarten: No grumbling and a lot of grace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

e-newsletter signup
Home
About
Speaking
Calendar
Free Resources
Media
Books and CDs
Blog
For Writers
For Moms Over 35
Contact