In Others' WordsIn Others' Words

Friday, November 03, 2006

Dropping Anchor

I thought about not blogging today because I'm tired.

But Fridays are when I stop brainstorming writing ideas and Instant Messaging my son in New York and focus on being thankful. It just seemed wrong--and lazy--to not take the time to consider my reasons to be thankful.

That said:

I am grateful for the time I had to walk with my husband and hold hands and talk. Nothing elaborate--just uninterrupted time.

I am grateful that tomorrow is a day for me to pray and plan and ponder which way do I go in the coming months.

And I am grateful that when I least expected it my life was changed by the unexpected blessing of my late-in-life child. I don't think I say that often enough. I get so busy being her mom that I don't stop and say how happy I am to be her mom.

Now that I've written that down, I need to say it out loud to my daughter.

May your day be anchored in gratefulness.

2 Comments:

At 12:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Morning grateful. I had a good nights sleep, I am refreshed in Jesus from prayer time with my husband, my children are well and safe nearby. My kitties are with me as the fire burns.
I am ready for what the day may bring.
Our God is in control and on the throne desptite all the turmoil in the world. I offer the day to Him. Love your refreshing Kindergarten notes Beth, it helps me keep perspective of such a short time on earth and to be thankful for each experience in our ever growing lives.

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Tea with Tiffany said...

Grateful for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

e-newsletter signup
Home
About
Speaking
Calendar
Free Resources
Media
Books and CDs
Blog
For Writers
For Moms Over 35
Contact