In Others' WordsIn Others' Words

Friday, April 20, 2007

Making Time

I kept thinking I don't have time today to do my "grateful" blog.
What a lousy attitude.

Yes, life's busy.
My son's wedding is 16 days away. Even though I minimized the To Do list, there is still lots to do.

I received the back cover copy for BABY CHANGES EVERYTHING yesterday--one more step towards the August 1st publication date. And, I also got a request to put together a workshop to be considered for a women's conference.

And, healthwise, I am still running about 50 percent. I'm functioning, but I'm not multitasking. My energy runs out about midday and I find myself looking for the nearest horizontal surface so I can lay down and take nap.

But, busy or not, I am going to anchor today in gratefulness.

I am grateful for:

the unbridled enthusiasm of dozens of kindergarteners and first-graders performing a spring musical. I smiled nonstop for 40 minutes.

the splash of yellow daffodils and red tulips in my front yard, which were planted two years ago by Christa and her Dad

the relief of finding my dress for the wedding--and that all my daughters and my mother-in-law have their dresses too!

the reality that each day I am privileged to love my family and my friends--and that I should never, never take them for granted. Today is the 8th anniversary of the Columbine tragedy and we are only a few days past the Virginia Tech massacre. May we hold those families close in our prayers.

And may your day be anchored in gratefulness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

e-newsletter signup
Home
About
Speaking
Calendar
Free Resources
Media
Books and CDs
Blog
For Writers
For Moms Over 35
Contact