In Others' WordsIn Others' Words

Monday, April 02, 2007

Getting Back to Normal

It's long past time I dusted off this blog.
My life took an unexpected turn about six weeks ago--and I'm just now feeling halfway back to normal.
Suffice to say, I got wretchedly sick. Life as I knew it stopped. No writing. No blogging. No mothering. Nothing--except being sick.
But I am getting better slowly.
I'd like to get right back up to my regular multitasking speed, but it ain't gonna happen. I call myself a "One A Day Woman" right now. My body thinks sitting and walking are extreme sports.
So be it.
Today Christa and I ran errands together. Believe it or not, a trip to Wal-Mart was a real treat. We held hands and walked the aisles together and had fun picking out her favorite yogurts and a new coloring book. Then we made a quick stop at the bookstore and bought a book about Easter, which I am thankful I won't miss.
As we walked through the parking lot, I asked Christa if she was thankful for anything.
"I am glad we are spending the day together."
Me too.

2 Comments:

At 1:47 AM, Blogger JRVogt said...

I'm glad you're at least getting better. Hopefully this will all be out of your system in the next month. Praying for your continued health, as is Jen.

 
At 10:44 PM, Blogger Tea with Tiffany said...

Happy to see you blogging. Sad to know my dear friend isn't herself yet. Blessed to see you are still focusing on what really matters. Your family and gratitude.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

e-newsletter signup
Home
About
Speaking
Calendar
Free Resources
Media
Books and CDs
Blog
For Writers
For Moms Over 35
Contact