In Others' WordsIn Others' Words

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

An Exemption, Please

All mothers--be they young moms or old moms--should be exempt from colds and viruses and fevers and the like.
I remember feeling this way when my first three kiddos were little--and I haven't changed my mind now that I'm trying to keep up with Christa.
It's hard to pace a six-year-old when I'm down and out and on the couch with the flu.
Granted, this time around I have a lot more help. That's one advantage of being a repeater Mommy-come-lately.
My husband made sure Christa was dressed and ready for school this morning. All I had to do was drive Christa there--and walk her to her classroom, hoping no one noticed just how bad I looked.
Big sister Kate saved the day and picked Christa up after school--even taking Christa back to her apartment, which is a real treat.
So, I've spent the day sipping soda and napping and thinking, "I've got to feel better tomorrow" because there are no sick days when it comes to motherhood. You can't get a note from your doctor that says, "Please excuse Beth from being a mom." That's not how this motherhood commitment works.

4 Comments:

At 9:07 AM, Blogger JRVogt said...

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. Nice to have kids who are old enough to take care of the younger kidling now, hmm?

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Tea with Tiffany said...

Hugs to my sweet encouraging friend. Get well soon!

 
At 11:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling better soon!
-Stacey

 
At 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth! Enjoy doing nothing for a while ~ but do get well soon! Love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

e-newsletter signup
Home
About
Speaking
Calendar
Free Resources
Media
Books and CDs
Blog
For Writers
For Moms Over 35
Contact