In Others' WordsIn Others' Words

Friday, May 11, 2007

A Wedding--and Reasons to be Grateful

The wedding.
My son Josh promised to love, honor, and cherish Jenelle--and she promised the same for him.
Tiny snowflakes fell during their outdoor wedding here in Colorado. My mom said it seemed like a blessing from God.
And then, just as they spoke their vows, the sun shone down on them. Jenelle looked up and just smiled.
We all smiled.
I am still processing the moments of their wedding weekend--kind of like the way you keep shuffling through photos, looking at them over and over again. I made sure I watched my son's face when he saw Jenelle in her wedding gown for the first time. When tears filled his eyes, I had to glance away.
I watched their first dance as husband and wife--and how my son sang softly to Jenelle.
And I laughed and clapped several songs later when they broke out into a swing dance routine.
I've never seen my son happier. Josh told me he has never felt more loved or more blessed as he has during the wedding celebration with our family and friends.

And for this I am grateful.

May your day--may your life--be anchored in gratefulness.

1 Comments:

At 11:36 AM, Blogger Tea with Tiffany said...

Wish I could've been there to sneak a peek at this amazing experience.

May the Lord continue to bless your son and his bride.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

e-newsletter signup
Home
About
Speaking
Calendar
Free Resources
Media
Books and CDs
Blog
For Writers
For Moms Over 35
Contact