In Others' WordsIn Others' Words

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Blogging Blues

Some sort of wretched, wretched techno-demon has taken up residence in my computer. It's making my writing life pretty miserable. I'm none-too happy, either. My ever-patient husband has tried ever trick he can think of to help me out--and endured a long and fruitless chat session with a Dell techie.
And things keep going from bad to worse.
I can't access Blogger.
I can't access my music.
I can't access the internet.
I can't print anything.
Don't ask me how I managed to finally find my way to Blogger. Suffice to say, it involved some wailing and gnashing of teeth and a lot of dead ends.

So, here's my plan:
I'm going to backup all my important files--Word documents and photos, especially my son's recent wedding photos.
Then I'm going to roll my chair back over to the old computer at the desk behind me, which is working better than my newer computer. Thank God I have that option.
Then I'm going to start shopping around for a new computer.

On the mommy-come-lately front: Christa proclaimed her first day back at school "Awesome!"

It doesn't get better than that. She has a lot of her friends from kindergarten in her class--and she's on the lookout for new friends. Oddly enough, I didn't cry as I walked back to my car. I didn't go skipping back to my car either. I was content knowing she was happily settled in first grade with her very own desk. And I was looking forward to some uninterrupted time to do all the things I've ignored this summer.
All in good time. All in good time.

3 Comments:

At 8:49 AM, Blogger JRVogt said...

I'm sure Dad has tried this too, but since it's an error message dealing with something plugged into the USB, did you try unplugging all of the USB devices and seeing if that stopped all the freezing up and stuff? Just a thought.

It was a wonderful time seeing you all this weekend.

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger Heather said...

Sorry your computer is acting up. Oh no, sounds like you could use a house call from Dr. Lan Man. I'll send him right over! (Remember the time he came over in a lab coat and stethoscope?) Glad Christa is off to a great start at school. :)

 
At 2:43 PM, Blogger Beth K. Vogt said...

Help is on the way--a techy-guy with all the right know-how is on his way to fix my computer this afternoon. He'll either fix it or I'll buy a new one.
And, for the record, my husband did everything he could think of--reinstalling programs and drivers and waiting in "queues" to talk to online persons who kept saying, "Oh, you need to talk to someone else"--trying to fix my wretched computer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

e-newsletter signup
Home
About
Speaking
Calendar
Free Resources
Media
Books and CDs
Blog
For Writers
For Moms Over 35
Contact